12.31.2012

Year in Review: 2012 Blog Silliness

Upon reviewing the 2012 version of my blog, I have come to this conclusion: I have a habit of taking some totally normal topic and making it completely weird. And occasionally awkward. But I also came to the conclusion that being able to say whatever I want is actually why I enjoy writing this thing. So here’s to another year of silliness around these parts, and here’s to 10 crazy moments from this past year. :)


Top 10 “Why Did I Say That on the Internet and When Will I Learn Not to Mention Boobs in My Posts?” Moments of 2012

#1: The crazed acknowledgment of the time my cat became an artist (pronounced arteest), complete with a movie poster. Because all respectable prodigious cats have movies about their distinguished lives. And all respectable prodigious cat owners take the time to make movie posters for said prodigious cats.

zoe the painter

#2: Divulging clinical symptoms of new homeowneritis, including but not limited to me wearing a lampshade on my head. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any more awkward.

Picture4

#3: Discussing stool in conjunction with a stool makeover. It should have been a totally normal day on my blog. But apparently the word ‘stool’ is just too much for me to handle, as made evident by my multiple awkward references to potty business.

DSC_0739

#4: Discussing bras in conjunction with an oversized ampersand. This is another post that should have been totally normal. But of course I had to go ruin it by mentioning lingerie.

DSC_0840

#5: Explaining a chandelier update, and simultaneously going down the endowment path. Again. Some people never learn.

DSC_1124

#6: Shameless promotion of shelves full of things I found in someone else’s trash. It’s a sickness.

DSC_0486

#7: Comparing our “grown-up” bedroom makeover to bedrooms of yore, including one of my dorm rooms. Kittens. Teacups. Scary.

bedroom makeover2

#8: Repeatedly confessing my love for Enchanted and forever sealing my nerdy princess fate by sharing the events in this post.

fountain

#9: Scoring a 10/10 on the Delusion Meter when it comes to having claws and vinyl-upholstered furniture in the same house. Hint: it doesn’t work. Your DIY ottoman will be destroyed.

DIY storage ottoman

#10: The post you just read…ensuring that nobody ever, ever, ever forgets these moments. Like, ever. (ohheyTaylorSwiftsongreferencefeelfreetosingalong)


Happy New Year, everyone! :)

***Linking this up to Southern Hospitality***

15 comments :

  1. Your boobs keep me coming back. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha that could have been really awkward if I didn't know the context of that comment. :P

      Delete
  2. And this is why I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And i'm like, i'm just, I mean this is exhausting, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. duhhhh, didn't you know this is why we all LOVE reading?!?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think another possible title would be "the top 10 reasons cassie loves me." because i love all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top 10 of one of the most enjoyable blogs around. Keep it coming - stool and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your silliness and also T Swift. So I did sing along, thankyouverymuch.

    Fun year in review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1/02/2013

    I love your posts. They crack me up! And yes, I did sing along to T-swift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. This is why I love your blog! Thanks for all the laughs and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, for one, hope you never quit bringing boobs and potty business into your writing. Remember when we played find the bra? Ahhhh, now that was a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! These are all reasons why I love coming here! :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE silliness.

    I wrapped up the year with a DIY round up and then a total random round up of posts I loved just cuz, with #1 being the time I was head butted by a three legged dog: http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.ca/2013/01/best-of-2012-miscellaneous-edition.html

    Then I looked around and saw everyone was doing REAL round-ups, listing their accomplishments and whatnot. Pish posh. Let's mention awkward things more.

    P.S. I showed my mangy bra to the world because it made a face at me: http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.ca/2012/11/this-will-make-you-laugh-promise.html

    Seems we're meant to be blog friends, no? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello... you forgot to mention the #1 highlight of your year... having me as a new and super happy follower :-) You're awesome and I can't wait to see what you two do in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we have the same comforter!!! Good taste! Just found your blog....loving it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...